Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Preview!

I have been meaning to write this for a while but keep putting it off.  Now I have 5 minutes to write something (busy day ahead of me).  I really really really dislike the Giants.  You know what team I dislike? the Giants.  As much as I dislike the Giants they have a pretty solid team who has come together at just the right time, the playoffs.  They are tenacious on D (you could say they are Tenacious D?) and their offense is potent.  One reason I really don't like the Giants? Eli Manning.  I don't need to point out how goofy he looks (done that before) but that isn't the reason I don't like him.  I still hold it against him that he had his dad say that he would not play for the San Diego Chargers when drafted by them with the number 1 pick in 2004.  Who does that? Well, besides John Elway (I don't like him much either).

The Patriots have been contenders for a number of years now but have not been to the Super Bowl since 2007 when they lost to the Giants.  People hate Tom Brady but I don't.  They guy deals with more pressure than anyone else in the NFL and has held up well.  He hasn't gotten into off field trouble, is a leader, and blah blah blah, he seems like a good person overall.  I don't mean this to seem like I am a Patriots fan because I am not but when it comes to them playing the Giants I will root for them.

Unfortunately I think the Patriots are going to lose.  The Giants are a complete team on both sides of the ball.  They have a good running game, Eli is a good quarterback (I hate admitting that) and their defense is tenacious. The Patriots have the better quarterback and have some great TEs and WRs but their defense has been very suspect all season (one of the worst in the league actually).  The defense has played well in the playoffs but I don't see that holding up.  The bad guys are going to win here.

Giants 28 Patriots 17

No comments: