We are getting close to the time of year when the blog actually looks like a blog and people write posts. That’s right! We are close to the time of year when we each write our top 10 albums of the year. Before I post mine I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back at my list from last year and see how it has held up.
1. The National - Trouble Will Fine Me: I have listened to this album a bunch over the last year. This has definitely held up.
2. Jason Isbell - Southeastern: I like this album a lot, a whole lot. Great songs.
3. Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse: I haven’t listened to this album in a while but it definitely holds up and I still really like it.
4. Sol - Eyes Open EP: For some reason this year I haven’t listened to much hip-hop. I can’t remember the last time I heard this. I would love for Sol to come out with another album, he makes great stuff, maybe a new album would get me back into the genre.
5. St. Lucia - When the Night: This is one of my wife’s favorite albums and because of that I have listened to this album quite a lot. Still holds up and I am not sick of it.
6. The Physics - Digital Wildlife: Look at number 4, same thing.
7. Haim - Days are Gone: I could definitely take this one off of my list. I am sick of Haim.
8. John Legend - Love in the Future: This is another one I haven’t listened to in quite a while. Good stuff but I would say it hasn’t held up.
9. Mayer Hawthorne - Where Does This Door Go?: I have continued to enjoy this album. I could have put this one higher on my list.
10. Rhye - Woman: I haven’t listened to this in a while but every time I do I wonder why it took me so long. This is good stuff.
Ok so overall my list has held up pretty well and I am still happy with it. Could of made some changes but enough looking back, gotta look forward!
Top 10 lists will be coming.