Saturday, September 22, 2007

From Seattle to Steamboat Springs



So yesterday I drove back to Steamboat Springs, CO. I was originally going to stop in Utah or southern Idaho but I ended up just doing the 19 hour drive straight. I left Seattle at 5:45 am and got into Steamboat at 1:15 am. It was quite a long drive but I am glad I just got it over with instead of staying at a hotel somewhere. The last couple hours of the drive were spent hunched over the steering wheel looking out for deer. A few observations during the last part of the drive:


Deer are prey, why don't they run away when they see/hear a loud object coming at them with bright lights?


Exact same question just take out deer and replace it with rabbits.


Apparently Baker City, Oregon is God's Country. Said so on a Subway sign. I was always told God's Country was the Tri-Cities, Washington. Sorry Tanner I guess you were mistaken.

This isn't really an observation but I am glad that I made it through Idaho without being propositioned by a "straight" Senator.

WNBA=Boring (I don't kow why that just came to mind)

The Stefan

No comments: