Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft Live Blog

OR: If you're gonna be a nerd, might as well go all the way.


I LOVE the NFL Draft. It's better than Christmas for me. A good way to think of the draft is this: NFL coaches are chefs. The players are the ingredients. The GMs are the grocery shoppers. The draft is the day when everybody does their shopping.


I love the over-analysis. I love the reaches and the players who slip due to character concerns. I love Mel Kiper and Todd McShay fighting like an old married couple.

I'm going to do a live blog today to express my utter joy. I have my analysts waiting in the war room: CO Kiper Jr. (Redskins homer and huge sports fan). Shim McShay (Pats fan, but still a nice guy and smart sports guru). And Stef Young (Seahawk through and through. Guarantee some funny comments come from here). I'm Boomer, I'll be here all day. God speed. The Rams are on the clock.

No comments: