Thursday, July 17, 2008

Step Brothers


Nick asked me to write a bit about Step Brothers...well here I go.

From the previews, Step Brothers looks like it could be pretty funny.  I am a fan of John C. Reilly.   I like what he did in Walk Hard.  In Talladega Nights his character was funny but I didn't like the movie much at all.

Will Ferrell is definitely a bigger name and has been in more movies, many of them funny, but also many of them are stupid.  I know there are lots of people who think that everything he does is genius (especially if your last name is Campbell).  I find that his act is starting to get old.  He tends to make the same general jokes in every movie.  At the same time all of his movies have at least two really funny parts which is better than most movies.  I also like some of the stuff he has done that isn't in a movie.  I do hope that Will Ferrell will do more movies like Stranger Than Fiction where he plays at least a semi-serious character for a change.  He needs to mix it up before he becomes the next Mike Myers, the same sh*t over and over again until he isn't funny any more.

Alright back to Step Brothers.  I think that it is going to be a movie where Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly will do their typical act but I can't help but think that it is going to be funny.  Here is a deleted scene.  I don't think that I will need to see it in the theatre but I do want to watch it on DVD.  I give it two thumbs up.  Three out of four stars.  6 out of 8 stars.  12 out of 16 stars.  24 out of 32 stars.

No comments: