Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Favrevrever...


I am totally sick of Brett Favre and the whole fiasco that ESPN has made it. At the same time I thought that I should write something as people seem to be forgetting a very big thing about this all. The MADDEN CURSE...

Last year Vince Young was on the cover and he did not do as badly as some of the other cover guys (Alexander, McNabb, Vick, Faulk, or Culpepper). While Young did not have a big injury he did put up some shaky numbers (9 passing TDs and 17 interceptions). To finally end the Madden Curse, EA Sports decided to put an athlete on there who was retired. Who better than Brett Favre? He puts together plays that should never happen. He somehow pulls off the most ridiculous passes. He has also managed to play for like 40 years. Well everything was going fine until Favre decided to come back and screw over the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. It looks like now that he is going to be traded to Tampa Bay but whatever. Basically he sucks and I don't like him. Back to my point though, I think that with the Madden Curse and with the accumulation of Favre's bad karma I am predicting that he is going to have a terrible season. Scratch that, I think that he is going to tear his ACL at some point during the season. I have never actually wished for the Madden Curse to work but I certainly will this year.

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers and I hate to say that I will be rooting for anything involving the Packers but I hope that he puts up good numbers and does a good job leading the team. Not saying I want the Packers to do well but I want Rodgers to play at least decently. If I was him I would be really pissed at Favre for acting like a douche.

To sum up my post...I hope Rodgers plays well and Favre does worse than terrible.

No comments: