Wednesday, October 29, 2008

World Series




As I am writing this is is the top of the in between the 6th and 7th inning. I had great plans to write a big boring post about the World Series but obviously that didn't happen. I will instead just sum up why I am rooting for the Phillies.

I really like the Rays, I think that they are an exciting and young team that gives teams like the Mariners hope. You don't have to spend a ton of money to get a good team. Unfortunately that is not enough to make me root for them. I don't like their fans, they couldn't even sell out a game until the World Series (or something like that) and those damn cowbells are annoying. The Christopher Walken Blue Oyster skit was like 15 years ago.

I am a big fan of Utley, Howard, and Werth aka The Edge...and of course Jamie Moyer, Tanner says he looks like Ryan Stiles, who also looks like this soccer ref.

Well I started this four hours ago but then I had to play soccer. So the Phillies won and this post is now pointless. Anyways, this is why I was rooting for the Phillies, I like the team and they at least have good fans and a real stadium, not some sh*t dome that would have made the Kingdome look good. Although the ray tank in center field is kind of cool.

Go Phillies

No comments: