Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day: The Food

I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving and got lots to eat. This year was like many previous ones, I ate too much and felt uncomfortable and didn't want to talk to anyone. All I could think about was how I wanted to take my sweater off and go home where I could lie down in peace and quiet.

The Seahawks game was pretty depressing but not surprising. I think that John Carlson is going to be a stud though. Finally the Hawks have a good TE, now if only every other position could improve (yes, that also means QB).

Everybody has different favorites at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. Some like the turkey, other the mashed potatoes and so forth. I think that the turkey is good but while it is supposed to be the focal point of the meal I think that it does not bring the most flavor. Now when it comes to leftovers however, the turkey is crucial for the sandwiches. Stuffing is delicious, yet when you think about it, it really is just bread that has been ripped up and mixed with spices. There really isn't much to it. Mashed potatoes are delicious as well, I like to mix my potatoes with my peas.

Mashed potatoes are kind of like stuffing though, while they are very good they are also very filling and take up space. I'm not a big cranberry sauce person so whatever you think about that is cool. Gravy is very important and is great on everything, seriously, even the pie. Actually that is kind of gross. Gravy is good though. I realized this year that my favorite food on the Thanksgiving table is the sweet potatoes. They are good covered in marsh-mellows but I prefer them a bit plainer, they have enough sweetness on their own. Now when it comes to pie at Thanksgiving I only like one kind, pumpkin. If you don't like pumpkin pie then you suck at life and should give up at it. Well those are some of the things that I like to eat at Thanksgiving. Oh yeah, huckleberry wine is terrible, it's like cool-aid with a bit of booze but sweeter. Absolutely terrible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Huckleberry wine!!!