Friday, February 12, 2010

Watching the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.





As I am watching this I will be writing the different thoughts that cross my mind. To save there from being a bunch of one sentence posts I will just write them all on this one...not that it matters to you as you will only see this, the final product.


I just found out that my fiancee loves olympic commercials. They inspire her and almost make her cry. She also loves Morgan Freeman.

I hope that this is the first Olympics where a South American team wins a medal. How has that not happened yet?

I respect that Bermuda wears their Bermuda shorts even to the Winter Olympics. Their one athlete is badass for that.

Ethiopia has an athlete?!

Germany, those jackets? Yikes. Way to show off German fashion.

Ghana has an athlete?!

I wonder if the aboriginal people in the middle of the stage are getting tired of dancing the whole time.

Name of the flag carrier for Iceland? Bjorgvin Bjorgvinsson. That is a pretty sweet name.

Ukraine has some pretty ugly uniforms...but they are nothing compared to the United States uniforms. Those things are booty. White pants and cream turtleneck sweaters? Actually, I guess the jackets they wear over the sweaters are ok, but lame hats.

Canada has never won a Gold medal ever when they have hosted? Surprising. The Prime Minister of Canada kind of looks like a goober.

Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams are singing, I hope Adams busts into Summer of '69.

Watching these ceremonies makes me suddenly crave a Kokanee.

I can't believe I haven't seen a moose yet.

The snowboarder performers have sweet jackets. I want one of those.

I never knew Donald Sutherland is Canadian. I won't add a pic from his role in Animal House.

When it comes to the lighting of the torch I still remember this one...



It would be so cool if the sound didn't keep cutting out. Thanks NBC.

What happened to the 4th pillar? Too bad, it was all perfect until the end. Good recovery though. I still like the 1996 lighting better.

No comments: