Friday, January 21, 2011

Fitz and the Tantrums



About a week ago my cousin mentioned on Facebook that he couldn't stop listening to Fitz and the Tantrums.  I had never heard of this band but was intrigued and proceeded to buy their album.  Now that I have repeatedly listened to it for a couple of days I am very happy that I checked it out.  Fitz and the Tantrums is a six person band comprised of drums, saxophone, keyboard, and bass.  One noticeably absent instrument? Guitar.  Lead singer, Michael Fitzpatrick (he looks like David Bowie to me), has said that he is sick of the sound of guitars and doesn't want them in his band.  Did I get that from the wikipedia page? Yup, now back off.

Fitz and the Tantrums have that old school R&B sound.  Almost every song is about some girl break Michael's heart and taking his money.  From the music you wouldn't guess the depression and forewarning of cheating and stealing women, all you wanna do is dance when hearing this.  They have released one album - Picking Up the Pieces, and it is awesome.  All great songs that you can rock out.  Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Here is some more new music to check out:

DJ Blowgun

Macklemore

No comments: