Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Josh Rouse and The Long Vacations

I have been a fan of Josh Rouse for a number of years now.  Through the years I have heard how his music has changed.  He started out as a Country/Rock musician but around 2005 his marriage fell apart and he moved to Spain.  Since then his albums have been influenced by Spanish and lounge music.  I am a fan of both styles and don't really prefer one over the other.  For his latest album he is backed by a duo called The Long Vacations (in case you couldn't figure that out).  This self titled album is definitely influenced by 70's lounge music, Spain and some 20's style tunes...perfect for Spring (Spring will show up, I promise).  Unfortunately the album is only 10 songs long and 6 of them are under 3 minutes making this a very short album.  A few of the songs seem to almost be demos and not fully worked out.  It would have been better if those songs were just removed and the album was instead an EP.  I really like a number of the songs so it makes up for the songs that could use more work.  I give the album a B.  Some of my favorites...

Movin' On - What's wrong with three dudes just enjoying each other's company and going to the zoo?



Oh Look What the Sun Did - What's wrong with three dudes just enjoying each other's company and making some music? (Also, the clapping is sweet)



Digging In the Sand - A fan made video but it works.



Or just click on the songs below and give it a listen.  I also like the songs "Fine Fine" and "Disguise"



No comments: