Thursday, January 17, 2008

A bit of ramblings...

Well it has been a pretty nice winter so far (This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago). Lots of snow and powder. It has also been really cold (today it was -5 with a windchill of -25). Speaking of cold, both games are going to be interesting this weekend. Go Packers and Chargers. I will say though that Rivers is kind of acting like a punk. If they could beat the Patriots though, that would be amazing.

I am getting excited for the new Drive By-Truckers album (January 22nd). It has gotten pretty good reviews, and it will be interesting to see what their sound is like since Jason Isbell left the band.

I was going to write a big review of the new Lupe Fiasco album but I'm sick and I don't really feel like doing all the writing. Here is my short review. Lupe Fiasco's sophmore effort The Cool is a good follow-up to his first LP Food and Liquor. You can certainly tell that he hasn't lost his gift of lyrics from his first album. My only complaint is that it seems like for this album he let a lot of different producers make the beats. He could have cut out some of the tracks on the album. I'm sure that it is great to get in the studio with Snoop Dogg but they could have made a better song together. The song Dumb It Down, is a good idea, but the music is not good and the constant repeat of "Dumb it down!" gets annoying. There are some great songs on the album that deserve to be mentioned. My favorites are Superstar, Hip-Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, Streets On Fire, and Fighters. Overall I would give it 4 out of 5.

If you want to watch something really weird on youtube...check this out.

This video is really funny...Chris Bosh, one funny dude. He really wants to make the All-Star team.

No comments: