Sunday, May 4, 2008

Movies This Summer

The weather is starting to get warmer, the sun is starting to shine. The snow is melting and birds are singing...that is right, it is summer movie time! There are lots of films coming out in the next couple of months so I thought that I would take some time to give my opinions on many of them...grab your popcorn, here we go!
Iron Man: I have heard that this is really good and I am pretty excited to see this. Robert Downey Jr. is always good. Iron Man is also one of my favorite comic book characters.
Speed Racer: I never watched the cartoon and the previews make me feel like I am about to have a seizure...no thank you.
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: I think that this could be pretty good. I liked the last one, my only thing is in the preview when Prince Caspian introduces himself he sounds like a tool.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Is that the longest movie title ever? It has to be one of them behind "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain" or TEWWUAHACDAM for those who are in the biz. I think that this is gonna be a fun movie. No doubt more than half the people who see this will say that the old ones were better.
Sex and the City: The Movie: I don't want to see this but I will probably have to go with the girlfriend. By the way, Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly...wait, fugly.
The Foot Fist Way: Martial Arts and comedy? Never been done! It does look funny though.
You Don't Mess with the Zohan: Remember when Adam Sandler made funny movies?
The Incredible Hulk: I like Edward Norton but I am really not sure about this one. I want to hope that it will be good. The last one was just so bad...soooooo bad.
The Love Guru: Mike Myers was pretty funny a couple of years ago. Will this be his return? Is he done? I think this movie will answer a lot of those questions. No doubt though, people are going to imitate his characters from this movie.
Wanted: This movie looks really dumb but I bet that it will be entertaining. Angelina is in it as well. She's alright, for a girl.
Hancock: I like Will Smith and Jason Bateman but otherwise this movie doesn't really get me excited.
The Wackness: I think this looks good. College-bound pot dealer Luke Shapiro trades weed for therapy sessions with Dr. Jeffrey Squires while developing a crush on his psychiatrist's step-daughter. Ben Kingsley is the psychiatrist. Hopefully he will eat more for this role than when he played Gandhi.
Hellboy II: The Golden Army: I am sure that Tanner is excited for this one. I liked the last one enough, but not enough to really get excited for this.
The Dark Knight: This is a movie that I really want to see. I was a big fan of the last one and from the previews I think this will continue in the right direction. Very sad about Heath Ledger, I think that his character looks pretty creepy.
Step Brothers: I am kind of over Will Ferrell but he is always funny and I like John C. Reily.
The X-Files: I Want to Believe: Never been into the X-Files.
The Longshots: A movie staring Ice Cube and directed by Fred Durst? Too easy to make fun of.
Pineapple Express: James Franco finally doing comedy again instead of being that bitch in the Spiderman films. I like. This could be really funny. I think he makes a good stoner.
Tropic Thunder: The last movie Ben Stiller directed was Zoolander; that turned out alright. This one stars himself, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. Put those together and you get hiiiiiilarious!
Hamlet 2: As long as this movie doesn't try to be witty and clever like Juno it could be good. The premise sounds funny. What is the premise? I'm not telling.
Well ok that pretty much covers movies through August. Enjoy.

No comments: