Sunday, March 8, 2009

Guilty Confession #2: Lady GaGa 'Just Dance'

A while ago I wrote my first guilty confession, I was really into the Chris Brown song 'Forever.' Well a lot has happened since then, Chris Brown has changed his name to Chris 'Bobby' Brown after beating the crap out of Rihanna. Seriously, how could you ever hit a woman? Now I know in the America legal system one is innocent until proven guilty but that motherf*cker is guilty. There is no way he will actually get the 4 year jail sentence but he should. How could you ever hit this?




This post is not about Chris 'Bobby' Brown however. I just wanted to say that 'Forever' is still a catchy song but it is now kind of hard to listen to it. I have since then moved on to a new song. 

My new song is 'Just Dance' by Lady GaGa.

First off, Lady GaGa is a totally ridiculous name. At the same time if my name was Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta I would also think about shortening it to something a bit catchier. A bit of history about Lady GaGa. I tell a little history because it is part of the reason that I don't feel too guilty about liking her song. She started out writing songs for other artists (Fergie, Britney Spears and New Kids on The Block for example) and while doing test vocals was discovered to have a good voice as well. She was then encouraged to become a performer herself by Akon (I really dislike Akon). So anyways, Akon signed her to his label and since then she has been a solo act. So what makes me like her a bit more is that she actually writes her own stuff. Ok, I am not giving her that much credit but it makes me feel a little bit better about liking this song. So now to the actual song. I would put the video up but for some reason lots of record labels won't let you embedded their artist's music videos from YouTube. Why would you not let people share the music videos? It is free publicity! Oh well, so here is the link to Lady GaGa 'Just Dance.'

I am not really a big fan of the video but it would be cool to go to a party like that sometime. Although I think that I would eventually get really annoyed with all of those hipsters. I do want that chief headdress, that thing is sweet. I also don't know why she keeps covering one eye like she is an 80's supermodel. Speaking of 80's she certainly has lots of influences in this song. This song makes me think of Gwen Stefani, David Bowie, Queen, and Madonna. The song also has a really good message.

With Digital Spy, Lady Gaga explained what "Just Dance" was about:
“ The whole song's about being totally wasted at a party. It's about all the things that happen when you're out and you totally lose your head. In that situation we never really want to stop the party so we just dance through it. You're thinking, 'Oh fuck I wanna go home!' but your friends are like, 'Don't go home you loser, have another beer', so you do, you dance and then you're fine."

I think that is a good thing to pass on to kids. When it is a Friday night and your at the bar getting tired, just drink some more and you will be fine. Don't be a pussy. There is no denying that this song is catchy. I don't even really like to dance but it makes me want to move my feet a little bit.

This song also fits in perfectly with the current economic situation. It is all about the confusion and attitude, "I don't know what the hell is going on. How did my shirt end up inside out (whew, at least I haven't lost that yet)? F*ck it. I'm just gonna dance." I highly suggest next time you hear this song you don't fight it; you give in to it. I may be broke, I can't pay rent, I'll probably be unemployed soon (if not already), I have no friends (wait, that's just me)...f*ck it, just dance!

P.S. She has some crazy style going on, very Bowie -esque.


5 comments:

Sarah Johnston said...

I'm pretty pissed about the Chris Brown thing, mostly because now it's really inappropriate to keep using my "Why am I the only person who seems to notice that Rihana looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome?" joke.

Lady GaGa rules. She constantly shows up on fashion blogs because she never wears pants. Ever.

http://grazia.ninemsn.com.au/img/blogs/celebtracker/CelebTracker_LadyGaGa_Feb5.jpg

Stefan said...

that is very true about the lady gaga not wearing pants. I was almost going to mention that but I felt like i was getting way off the subject of the song.

Danny said...

Wow, she wrote that whole song all by herself? She is, like, so totally talented and awesome and stuff! I totally wish I could, like, go to parties in a house from, like, 1978 where everyone looked like they were, like, strung out, but in a cool way.

Tanner said...

I would totally hit Rhianna.

Tanner said...

Too soon?