Monday, July 11, 2011

Guilty Pleasure #3

It has been a long time since I have written one of these.  In case you would like to see my previous two...Guilty Pleasure #1 and Guilty Pleasure #2.

Guilty Pleasure #3: Ellie Goulding - Lights

Ellie Goulding is a 24 year old British singer song writer.  I would describe her music as electropop. Wikipedia says her music could also be labeled as folktronica (I had no idea that style of music existed).  Last weekend I caught a random episode of SNL and she was the musical guest.  Maybe it was the 4 or 8 beers I had before but I really liked it.  I put a reminder in my phone to check her out the next day and to my surprise I still liked it sober.  You can't say it isn't catchy...



I appreciate her dancing even if it is pretty bad.  She pivots her left leg and then continuously does a right leg side step while moving her hips, yeah, she ain't no Usher.  Also, sweet fingerless gloves.

Here is a great example of her dancing on SNL.  Sidenote: it is really incredible she sounds decent on SNL, no matter who the band is they almost always sounds horrible on that show.  From this video I have also learned that her name is pronounced 'Golding' and not what I have originally thought 'Ghoulding'.  Much more attractive as Golding.

No comments: