Monday, May 16, 2011

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

I was a little late to coming around to TV on the Radio.  I had their album "Return to Cookie Mountain" (which is their third LP) but I never really listened to it or liked it.  For some reason when their 2008 album "Dear Science" came out I gave it a listen and have been a fan ever since.  I still don't like the album "Return to Cookie Mountain" but I do like everything since.  TV on the Radio's newest LP, "Nine Types of Light", has a very similar sound to their last LP and I am ok with that.  I haven't gotten tired of their current style.  TV on the Radio has a sound that is unique with the blending of different styles.  The way they combine the rock, funk, hip-hop beats, and even a bit of punk at times is a sound that is all theirs.  They are in a league of their own which is either loved or hated.  I have been listening to this album quite a bit for the last few weeks.  Some of my favorite songs...



Some fan made videos...



No comments: