Jumping on the album review bandwagon like a 12 from Marysville...
10. Drake and Future - What a Time to be Alive
I love Drake. And I love Future because he hates Russell Wilson and seems to be legit insane. This was my favorite album for the gym.
9. Beach House - (tie) Depression Cherry and Thank your Lucky Stars
Pretty awesome that Beach House just decided to release all the songs they didn't use on Depression Cherry as a full album just a month later. And all those songs sound great too.
8. Sleater Kinney - No Cities to Love
I don't seem to listen to legit Rock and Roll very much anymore. So when an awesome pure rock record comes out I have to kind of train my ears to appreciate it. It's worth it.
7. Hot Chip - Why Make Sense
Hot Chip is currently my favorite band to boogie down to. And by boogie down, I mean slide around the house in my socks while doing chores.
6. Tame Impala - Currents
This album gives me Grizzly Bear vibes, but it's more upbeat even though the lyrics are dark as hell. It's kind of the quintessential indie album for 2015. It captures this moment in music pretty perfectly.
5. Grimes - Art Angels
I got excited for this album listening to Grimes, Chairlift's Caroline, and Sleigh Bells' Alexis take over XM radio for a day. They were incredibly engaging. Canadian female pop stars are so much better than American ones.
4. Action Bronson - Mr. Wonderful
Unanimous top ten! I love how uncomfortable he got when Ghostface Killah got pissed off at him for jacking his style. Poor guy.
3. The Weeknd - The Beauty Behind the Madness
It's kind of weird that The Weeknd blew up so big this year. He hasn't really changed his music much, but I think he's (slightly) more sober now and therefore working well with the label and promotion, which would explain why he's now in the mainstream. He's an incredible talent and makes the best sex music of anyone alive.
2. Jason Isbell - Something more than Free
I'm so happy that Isbell is sober, married, has a new baby, and has lost like 50 pounds. It makes his music WAY less depressing.
1. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
UNANIMOUS NUMBER ONE AHHHHHHHH!
Real Quick top five singles not on any of these albums:
5. Snakehips feat Tinashe and Chance the Rapper - All my Friends
4. Big Grams - Fell in the Sun
3. Blood Orange - Sandra's Smile
2. El Vy - Return to the Moon
1. Post Malone - White Iverson