Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Predictions...


Here are my pics from the films that I have seen.


Best Motion Picture of the Year

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role

Nominees:

Javier Bardem for Biutiful (2010)
Jeff Bridges for True Grit (2010)
Colin Firth for The King's Speech (2010): I think Colin has stuttered his way in to that one.  I know, not very clever.
James Franco for 127 Hours (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role

Nominees:

Natalie Portman for Black Swan (2010): Haven't seen this one but I think she will win.

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

Christian Bale for The Fighter (2010): It is amazing how many different types of roles Bale can play.
Jeremy Renner for The Town (2010)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role

Nominees:

Amy Adams for The Fighter (2010)
Melissa Leo for The Fighter (2010):  I think a lot of these nominees are deserving but Melissa played her character excellently.  I absolutely haaated her in the film.  She did a great job.

Best Achievement in Directing

Nominees:

Ethan CoenJoel Coen for True Grit (2010):  I'm pretty sure this won't win but I think it is deserving.

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen

Nominees:

Inception (2010): Christopher Nolan:  A lot of people have knocked this but I think it was an amazing original story.  Super creative.

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published

Nominees:

The Social Network (2010): Aaron Sorkin:  I didn't really like this movie but I think this is the award it is going to win.

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year

Nominees:

Toy Story 3 (2010): Lee Unkrich:  I personally like How to Train Your Dragon better but there is no way that Toy Story 3 isn't winning.

Best Achievement in Cinematography

Nominees:

The King's Speech (2010): Danny Cohen:  The camera work was something that actually caught my eye quite a bit during The King's Speech.  I could also easily see Inception winning this.

No comments: