Friday, April 17, 2009

Last Day of Topics

Pad Thai

Tanner: Lotus raised their prices! To make matters worse, one order of pad thai is exactly $9.85, 15 cents short of the required ten dollars to use your debit card. It's the equivalent of the neighborhood drug dealer bumping up the price on his "pandemic" or "wmd's". I'm pissed, but I'm still gonna go there.

Danny: Pad Thai is very good. I would say that it is my second favorite Thai noodle dish, falling directly behind Pad See Ew. I like it with either three or four stars of spiciness. And chicken.

Bristol Palin

Tanner: Huge tahs.

Danny: Guest blogger Heather says, "I think it would be hard being a teenage mother, especially with so much public spotlight and criticism. But I also think the whole situaion shows that there is some serious dysfunction in that family."

Using Turn Signals

Tanner: Necessary when changing lanes. Other than that, fuck it.

Danny: Using turn signals is usually a good thing, except when you are stuck behind some idiot who leaves his or her turn signal on for blocks and blocks. That is really annoying. On a totally unrelated note, I just saw a commercial for Trojan Condoms' new "Pleasure Pack" that featured a bald eagle and the catch-phase "we believe we should ride out these hard times together." Awesome.

Christian Music

Tanner: I think the preferred nomenclature is "positive life music". I made my brother listen to this station on the way home from his track meet, as punishment for making me go to his track meet. Track meets suck.

Danny: Aside from the complete Creed catalogue, I don't listen to Christian music much, so I just did a quick Google search and watched a couple of YouTube videos. The first thing that jumped out to me was the fact that several of the songs seem to be quasi-love songs to either God or Jesus. Then I remembered the South Park episode when Cartman starts a Christian band called Faith + 1. That was a good episode.

Now that Budweiser, Miller, and Coors are all owned by foreign companies, what beer is going to become the great American beer?  Or will there be one?

Tanner: I think we should ask this bear.

Danny: I thought Budweiser answered that question by releasing Budweiser American Ale. Honestly, I don't think its going to be one beer, but rather a bunch of great local micro-breweries. Think about the rise of the whole local/do-it-yourself movement. People want to blog about their own lives and read blogs specific to their interests. They want to buy locally grown food, have gardens and support local stores. And they want to drink good beer. It would make sense that said beer will be local.

1 comment:

Tanner said...

"i wanna get down on my knees and start pleasin' jesus...i wanna feel his salvation all over my face..."