Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Topics!

NASCAR Fans

Tanner: My buddy Ruble's dad had this big shrine to Dale Earnhart Jr. in his rec room. There were posters and model cars and even a Dale Jr. pinball machine, all emblazoned with the number 8.  The problem is, this year Dale Jr. got into a legal dispute with his stepmom, and had to change his number to 88.  I've wanted to ask Ruble's dad how he feels about that, considering all his number 8 stuff is all outdated. I expect him to drop some "c-bomb's" directed at Jr.'s stepmom.

Danny: I've never really had any experience with a NASCAR fan, so I can't really comment. I mean, I can't even think of anyone I know or have known that watches NASCAR. Guess that might say alot about me and the people I chose to associate with. I have my own unfounded opinions, but sharing those would just make me a prejudice asshole.


Real Housewives of New York City

Tanner:  I just remember one of the moms was making her chubby awkward daughter play tennis so she would lose weight. And I think she also hired some dude to teach her son how to break dance. Those kids are going to fund the next generation of rehab clinics.

Danny:  I've never watched this version of the show (I have seen Real Housewives of Orange County a couple of times), but my girlfriend has been known to watch it. Personally, while I can see why it's so compelling and addicting, I find it repulsive. Shows like this represent the lowest form of entertainment on television. It's quasi-fictional serialized sensational celebrity gossip featuring people whose only claim to celebrity is wealth. Television can do better. Now if you'll excuse me, there's an episode of Married With Children on that I want to watch.

No comments: