Monday, April 27, 2009

Topics!!!

It has taken a while to get these going but hopefully now the ball is rolling. The three of us received ten more topics last weeks. Two different readers provided us with 5 topics. As it has taken a while for us to get them answered I will post one topic a day. Here we go.

Modern Day Pirates  

TannerModern day pirates – I heard about the guilty verdict last week finding the people who run “The Pirate’s Bay” liable for making money off of illegally downloaded movies and software.  I have a hard time with this verdict, as I love free things 
(especially music and movies) but I think it was a fair decision. However, I am really confused about why they hate Barack Obama so much. And why do we need snipers positioned to take them out? And how do they get enough bandwidth to run a file
-sharing site in Somalia? Here is a picture of what I imagine they look like that I drew on a post-it note:

Danny:  I don't have much to say about this situation and think we're about a week late on this, since South Park already covered it. Probably my fault, since it took me so long to get something written. It's sad that Somalia has deteriorated to the point that piracy is seen as viable option for some people. It's great that the Navy SEALS can kick some ass when necessary. I did think The Daily Show had a pretty good take. The expensive computer recreation was impressive.

Stefan:  Pirates used to be fun loving booze hounds that sailed around on ships and acted in ways that were completely unlawful and immoral but really entertaining.  Pirates were rock stars back then, except instead of hepatitis they had scurvy and instead of sleeping with tons of women they had questionable sexuality.  What the modern day Somali pirates are doing wrong is that they are advertising themselves terribly.  They need to stop acting like desperate ocean thieves and instead as fun loving rebels who are constantly drunk off rum.  Maybe they should put on some funny jewelry or goofy boots for starts.  They also need to sing more often.  Those are just some basic ideas to get their image changed and get the public support that they need.

No comments: